Andy Reid held his weekly press conference today, his last before the final preseason game with the Jets on Thursday. Here are some of the highlights of what was discussed:
- There was full participation in practice today by everyone except Rob Myers and Kevin Curtis. Reid was questioned on Curtis’ injury and said that it wasn’t that bad (whatever that means).
- As mentioned before Kevin Kolb will start the first half and Michael Vick will start the second half. AJ Feeley will also see playing time in the second half.
- The starting offensive line will be as folows: King Dunlap (LT), Mike Gibson (LG), Mike McGlynn (C), Paul Fanaika (RG), Winston Justice (RT).
- Quintin Demps and Sean Jones will be the starting safeties on Thursday. Macho Harris will work in. Andy said it doesn’t matter where the three are on the field; they can all play.
- Joe Mays will start at MLB while Omar Gaither will sit the game. Andy feels he knows what Gaither is capable of.
- Jeremey Maclin and Brandon Gibson will start the game at wide receiver.
- Reid was questioned as to if Vick will do more than just take snaps out of the shot gun. He said Vick will line up under center and has looked pretty smooth doing so in practice thus far.
- LeSean McCoy will play into the second quarter of the game because Reid feels he could use some extra exposure to learn from. Brian Westbrook will not play.