Andy Reid spoke to the media today for the last time before the game Sunday with the Chiefs. He spoke on a variety of different topics including the health of many players. Below are the key notes from his press conference.
Todd Herremans – Out
Dimitri Patterson – Out
Quintin Demps – Doubtful
Donovan McNabb – Doubtful
Brian Westbrook – Questionable
- DeSean Jackon practiced today
- Kevin Curtis did not practice today. Andy said he was giving him limited reps during the week then decided to pull him from practice today to receive treatment He noted that he has no swelling, it is just soreness.
- Reid said that Kansas City is much better than their record says
- Noted that the Chiefs were scoring on special teams and seemed to hint at the fact that the Eagles need to play better on special teams.
- When asked about Jeremiah Trotter, Reid said he did a good job in the try out but he had not made a decision either way yet. He said Trotter moved around really well.
- Reid was asked about Vick’s comments on how he thought he would be starting. He said he thought it was a great thing and that he “loves quarterbacks that like to play.”
- Reggie Brown will fill in if Curtis is unable to play this week; Maclin would start in his place
- John Runyan is still on Reid’s board and he said that he thought he did a nice job at this workout. Reid said they will continue to keep their options open
- Stacy Andrews has had a good week in practice but will not start this week; he may receive play time
- Brian Westbrook does not have a high ankle sprain and his swelling has gone down during the week
- Reid like what he sees from rookie Jeremy Maclin and feels confident that he can do a nice job if he has to start Sunday