That was fun. That was really fun. As of now, life is grand for Eagles fans. Life is more than grand, life is fun. I can’t remember a year that was quite as fun as this and I’m including the 2004 season in that. Obviously that year was a ton of fun but there’s something about this year that’s different. I can’t quite put my finger on it but what I can put my finger on is the positives and negatives from this past “game” against the Redskins. You know how it goes.
– Two weeks in a row the Eagles have opened up with a huge play. Granted, the run against the Colts wasn’t exactly designed to go 62 yards but I’ll take it. However, to open up the game with a 88 yard TD bomb to DeSean Jackson is about as beautiful as it gets.
– Welcome to the team Jerome Harrison. Have we found our 1-2 punch?
– I can’t delay it any further….Mike Vick put together one of the most remarkable performances I’ve ever had the chance to see. I can’t say enough about how flawless his performance was and if you aren’t a believer by now, I don’t know what it’s going to take.
– Best play of the game from Vick? The TD pass to Jason Avant. In his Atlanta days he would’ve taken off and ran far before he threw that pass. Instead he took his time, kept the play alive, and found Avant getting separation in the back of the end zone. He set his feet and delivered a perfect strike. Perfection.
– What a catch by Jeremy Maclin on his TD grab.
– Welcome to the team offensive line. You actually played an all around great game.
– The shovel pass was executed perfectly. The play looked doomed and with a little flick of the wrist Vick got the ball to McCoy for the TD. It’s an underrated weapon, the shovel pass and we haven’t really seen Vick utilize it too much. It was wonderful to see.
– The defense set a tone early one with solid tackling. The guys were wrapping up and just making text book tackles. You don’t always have to make the big hit and the defense followed that idea. Worked out very well.
– Dimitri Patterson had a fantastic game. I distinctly remember two great tackles and he also have two INTS, one returned for a TD.
– With the exception of the big play to Fred Davis the defense did a very good job of limiting the TEs.
– Trent Cole was getting pressure all day and it eventually rattled McNabb.
– Three INTs is always a beautiful thing.
– Rocca and Akers had solid days.
– For the most part we kept the return men for the Redskins in check.
– We didn’t score the 112 points we were on pace for after the first quarter. Very disappointing.
– Mike Vick didn’t throw for 20,000 yards. Dude’s a bust.
– Our defense seems to struggle in the second quarter. That’s when the Redskins momentarily had new life. Luckily the curb stomping resumed.
– The Redskins, for whatever reason, are able to run on us. It’s maddening but it’s just a fact.
– Asante Samuel poor tackling sighting on the last TD run by the Skins.
– Jorrick Calvin needs to carry a ball with him all week. The dude cannot hang onto the ball.
– We let the Redskins get a bit of a spark on one return.
All in all it was a great game. It was a game that we’re going to remember for a long time. I’m saving my recording of this. Something tells me it’ll be very special in a year or two. Relish in the win my friends. Starting tomorrow, we’ll begin looking ahead to the Giants.