I’m all smiles. Why? Because I just saved a bunch of money by switching to a new auto insurance company! Copyright infringement prohibits me from typing their name. No, but the real reason I’m all smiles is because the Eagles beat those Dallas Cowboys in their own amusement park! They beat them and so many positive things happened. Of course a few negatives happened as well. As always, I’m here to break it down for you wonderful readers!
– Can we take a moment and think about how great Jason Peters has been this season? The dude is playing arguably the best football of his career right now. It’s a shame he can’t be the one protecting Vick’s blindside.
– LeSean McCoy has easily become one of my favorite players to watch on this team. He is on pace to have a better season right now than Westbrook ever had save for one season. McCoy hasn’t even touched his prime yet.
– Speaking of McCoy, how about the play calling and execution in the 4 minute drill? Perfection.
– Todd Herremans career pass receiving stats – 2 receptions, 3 yards, 2 TDs.
– Minus the first INT, Vick had another excellent game despite getting smacked around something fierce.
– Mike McGlynn had a good day against Jay Ratliff.
– Props have to be given to Dimitri Patterson and Joselio Hanson. They kept their assignments in check most of the game and displayed solid tackling. Patterson capped off his day with a very nice INT.
– After Bradley went down with the elbow injury, Jamar Chaney filled in nicely. Finished the day with 5 solo tackles and 2 assists.
– Juqua Parker was a welcomed addition. Missed you JP.
– Gorgeous deflection by Kurt Coleman.
– Antonio Dixon is the biggest reason this team is playing well against the run. He has made me feel at ease with the impending departure of Brodrick Bunkley.
– Mike Patterson is also having himself a fine season.
– Colt Anderson is the midseason signing of the year for the Eagles. He has completely transformed coverage units.
– Another game, another great day for Akers.
– Rocca is playing well? At this point in the season? Someone pinch me.
– King Dunlap has no business starting in the NFL. Get well soon Winston.
– Why on earth is Chad Hall a feature in the redzone offense? Don’t outsmart yourself Andy. Give the ball to either McCoy or Jerome Harrison. That will instantly help our red zone offense.
– Vick, what were you thinking on that throw that resulted in your first INT of the game?
– Maclin, you got to catch that pass over the middle. The drop resulted in Vick’s second INT of the game and it was a near perfect pass.
– Owen Schmitt has been having himself a fine season but he had a rough day in pass protection.
– The loses of Stewart Bradley and Brandon Graham hurt. A lot.
– We might be the worst third quarter defense in the NFL.
– We are the worst red zone defense in the NFL. To make matters even more fun, we are the worst in 22 years!
– Nate Allen needs to bulk up some. Another week, another case of him getting steamrolled.
– Jason Witten is an Eagle killer. Always has been, always will be.
– Ernie Sims has been having a good season but he was horrendous in Dallas. That was easily his worst game of the season. He was victimized on both of Witten’s TD grabs.
– Jorrick Calvin….please learn the rules. And keep your head about you. I’d be on the bandwagon to cut you except for the fact that we have no one to replace you and I really don’t want to see Reno Mahe brought back.
A win is a win. The Eagles now completely control their own destiny for winning the division (all it takes is either the Giants losing tonight or the Eagles winning next week). The game was ugly at times but they’ve been like that so often this season. I’ll take the ugly wins any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Three times if it’s against the Cowboys.